Friday, September 5, 2014

Getting to be a (small) part of hobby history

As many of you have already seen Joanie Berkwitz just released the first Ceramic version of Sarah Minkiewicz-Breunig 's Vtoo sculpture . Her work on this piece is simply amazing ! 




Look at all of the incredibly intricate details and that pose ! 




 A few months back I was contacted by Joanie she asked me if I could make in hand bridles for these gals . What an honor ! I have had some really cool commissions in the past but to be asked to be a small part of this venture was incredibly awesome !  

Then she sent me these pictures and told me that I could keep her after using her to make the bridles  .

Squeee !!! isn't she lovely !!! 

So incredibly generous ! 


 Here are some close ups of the bridle 





I can only hope that my work does this piece justice 

If you would like to have a ceramic Vtoo in your collection act fast because there will only be a few . 
She is available for bids here Chocolate Squirrel .

A huge thank you to Jaonie for allowing me to use her pictures .
 And a Ginormous thank you to Joanie and Sarah for letting me be a part of this amazing piece of true art. 
   has 



2 comments:

  1. Congratulations. I am tickled that there is this small population crossing the glass ceiling of tack on chinas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sue :) .We have an avid china performance shower that shows in Tucson she is one of the nicest people you could ever meet and I love seeing her clinkies tacked .I am fortunate that she seems to like my tack as well so a few of them wear my saddles n such :)

      Delete